Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Dear precious young family

This morning, like so many Sunday mornings before, we sat behind a precious young family in mass:

A sweet little curly haired blonde, with a big bow in her hair and glasses (I am such a sucker for a kiddo in glasses!), working on a no-spill cup full of fruit loops;
2 wiggly little boys in pint sized converse tennis shoes with their super hero figurines;
a sleeping baby in his carrier (I couldn't wait for him to wake up so I could make sweet eyes at him); Parents trying to keep them all quiet, giving tender kisses on their heads as needed;
and a Grandma whose lap was apparently the best seat in the house.

My thought this morning, like so many Sunday mornings before:

I hope they never have to bury one of these precious children.

No comments:

Post a Comment