So it's been 2 years. 525,600 minutes. Times 2. And we are still standing. Still living and still breathing. (For that, my husband and my children are my heroes!) Started the day at mass in Grand Coteau and will end with a rosary at STM. What a blessing to be surrounded by such a prayerful community and circle of friends. God has used this last year to draw me closer to him, in a different way than the first year. I have spent many hours contemplating grief and suffering, God's will for our family, and just listening to the Holy Spirit speak to my heart. He loves me more than I can imagine and has never left me. We are still learning to carry the heartache of our loss, yet find joy in each other and in our lives. There is still much to be joyful and hopeful about. Time doesn't heal but it has given me the chance to develop endurance, to learn to let grief and joy and hope coexist in this life that can still be good. Austin will be in my thoughts until I take my last breath, of this I am certain. When you mention him and share a memory of him, it warms my heart. Thank you, you know who you are!
I end with a quote I saved from someone named Charlotte: "Hope is knowing that one day I will see him again. Hope is knowing that the end in this world is not the end. And while in this world, hope is knowing that some days aren’t filled with agonizing pain so tomorrow may be better."
Love to all of you~~
No comments:
Post a Comment