Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Does it ever get easier?

Does it ever get easier?  Every bereaved parent must ask this question a thousand times, hoping to find someone that will give them an acceptable answer. When my newly bereaved friend asked me this question near my 2 year mark, I answered "I'll let you know." What is easier? It's easier for me to drive an automatic than a standard transmission vehicle. It's easier for me to type on a keyboard than an iPad. Is it easier for me to live without my son now than it was 2 and a half years ago? No. But I'll let you know when it is. 
My friend Angela Miller (well, I've never actually met her but we've emailed a few times and I am sure we'd be instant friends if we ever did meet) wrote a great post about this on her blog, A Bed For My Heart. It's worth reading, go check it out. You may find yourself reading more than just one post. 

http://abedformyheart.com/blog/does-it-ever-get-easier/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment